Maybe it’s because the temperature is finally – and really slowly – rising, but this week I’m all about summer styles! And after having accomplished the hard task of finding a stylish pair of white jeans, I threw myself on a new task that’s even harder. This time I want to figure out how to wear lace tops.
But, since I hate when it’s all about theory – please tell me I’m not the only one – the shopping spree is officially still going on!
And because I believe that if you’re reading this post we probably have got something in common, I’ll assume that you want to wear lace tops so hard too. So, just scroll down the post ( I’ve done all of the work for you, so I expect a comment when you finish reading!) and find out a bunch of cool ideas on how to wear lace tops, plus a juicy selection of the most stylish and pretty lace tops under $100 to shop right now.
How to Wear Lace Tops
– Over A Maxi Skirt –
A long flowy maxi skirt over a structured lace top is pure elegance. If you’re looking for something to wear at your best friend’s marriage, look no further.
Here’s how to style a lace top + maxi skirt outfit:
- For maximum elegance, opt for a maxi-skirt in the softest fabric you can. Silk, chiffon and organza are the best, but if you want to stay on a budget you’ve got a ton of alternatives too with acrylic fabrics. Just make sure the fabric is thin, soft and transparent, and that the skirt has a well refined and thicker linen.
- Choose soft muted colors in the nuance you love more. It doesn’t matter if you opt for pink, coral, blue or yellow, just make sure you don’t look like an highlighter and that you’re not visible from a hundred miles. If you search on the web, you’ll se a lot of hot pink, neon yellow or electric blue outfits with maxi skirts, but believe me, it’s not the same when you wear them for real. I could write a chapter on this, but for today just trust me. If you want to stay elegant, opt for soft colors.
- The lace top to put over a high-waist maxi skirt should be a bit structured on the shoulders or on the torso, just to create a focal point on your upper body, like the shoulders or your waist. You can even wear it on bright colored, printed skirts, like the one I told you about in the honeymoon wardrobe post.
– Over Your Favorite Blue Jeans –
Lace and jeans is an amazing outfit idea to wear everyday, and I consider it a sort of statement on your personality. If you love to wear lace and jeans and you live in LA, chances are you’re from a band named Guns’n Roses! 😛
Since jeans are such an icon in the clothing / fashion / real world, the only rule on wearing them is there are no rules. So just enjoy pairing your favorite blue jeans with lace tees, off-the shoulder tops and even crop tops!
– Over A Midi Skirt –
Midi skirts are pure romance. And they’re easy to style:
- Obviously opt for high-waist when you wear midi skirts, or you’ll look larger than you are. And apart from that, high-waist is definitely on another level in terms of looking polished and put together, because thy define your waistline and help create a feminine and soft looking shape on your body.
- When you wear lace tops over midi skirts, you can really opt for every color, also the more vivid ones. So, the soft and muted suggestion doesn’t apply here!
– Over The Always Classy High-Waist Pants –
Another great idea on how to wear lace tops, is simply pairing them with high-waist pants, for a super luscious look. Put them over straight pants and heels and you’ll look elegant and sophisticated. Put them over wide leg pants and you’ll look super stylish with a fashionista twist!
📸 via Pinterest, Cover @AConstellationJournal